Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Waging the Blubber War!

I started calorie counting yesterday. I've done it before and had success with it. It keeps me from stuffing my face and gives me something to obsess about. I signed up for an account at www.fitday.com. The site is a little hard to navigate, but hey, it's free. I set my goal for a daily intake of 1550 calories. That's what is recommended for my size gal to lose weight.

I have been going to the gym on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week but I have been eating whatever I want in any portion.
On Tuesday and Thursday, I use the Wii Fit. What a great combination of something I hate (exercise) and something I do everyday (video games). I only have minor complaints about the wii fit. My boyfriend and I can't play the exercise games together. We can't both be logged in and compete with each other. The game shows me when he played by himself and has gotten a higher score on something, which infuriates me. I really like the balance games & yoga in the game. The strength training is good too, except I HATE push-ups and everything similar. Such a wuss. Running in place seems to wear on my joints, but the cool part is you can change the channel and watch real television.

No comments: