Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hell Boy II: a tiny review


It ruled. I Love Guillermo del Toro. His character design never fails, and his story lines are always captivating and intelligent. His use of color and cinematography is never pretentious or abused. Some of my favorite movies are his; The Orphanage, Pan's Labyrinth, The Devil's Backbone and I can't wait for The Hobbit. I know, Dork Alert!

With many comic book movies in the theater, I was worried that this film just wouldn't satisfy. I was wrong. I don't say that often. I was really happy I was spending my precious time at that movie the whole way through. Worth the whole $7.50! and the 2 glasses of cheap pinot grigio and chicken club sandwich with fries. There is one part in the movie where I giggled for 3 minutes straight. That just doesn't happen much anymore. I can't wait for the next one, hopefully he'll direct it. Yay!

No comments: