Monday, July 28, 2008

Cartoon Timeline of My Life ages 6-8


Hello again. Another view into my warped mind and the swiss-cheeseiness that came from sitting in front of the world's cheapest babysitter. On a side note, I was a TV for halloween one year. I wish I had pictures of it. Oh yeah, cardboard box with foil where the screen should be. Ha! I'm a nerd.
Here's Rainbow Brite. I don't remember much of the show except I liked the bad guys, of course, and that I really wanted the unicorn she rode on. It must have been pretty boring or too similar to the Care Bears, which I also watched.
I was a tomboy which is understandable because boys are way easier to be friends with then girls. Not as catty! My friends and I played hide and seek, cops and robbers, street hockey and a couple times we filled the sand box up with water and had lake front properties with our matchbox cars. I watched G. I. Joe. It was very run of the mill writing and cheap animation. There was a lot of shooting, but no one EVER died. WTF? I know we shouldn't expose children to the casualties of war, but maybe that's how we got involved in Iraq, G.W. probably watched too much G. I. Joe. What people die in wars??? My favorite character was the bad guy again. Things always got more interesting when Cobra Commander was around. Without him, the show was dull. At the end of each show, there was some moral that ended with: "Now we know!" "And knowing is half the battle." I liken that to every mistake I make in life.
He-Man & She-Ra


These shows were great, except there were too many reruns which made me lose interest fast.
I was happy that they finally made a show that had a girl as a leader and she didn't need rescuing all the time. Who was the sexy bad guy? Skeletor!
Scooby Doo
Oh yeah! The ultimate in 70's cartoons. I loved monsters, ghosts, and dogs. What more could you ask for in a show. They always disproved the hauntings, but I always hoped there would be that one mystery they could not solve. I also watched the "A Pup Named Scooby Doo" and the movies.
Bugs Bunny - This cartoon is where J and I get most of our humor from. We always sing "Someone's a Rockin' my Dreamboat" from the episode called "Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips"
I watched these cartoons everyday. Here is the entire list, I had no idea there were so many. My favorite episode is "broomstick bunny"
Tom & Jerry - This cartoon ruled. My favorite episode was when Jerry's cousin came and they froze the kitchen to go ice skating. I swear I learned all my classical music from this animation. Tex Avery is the coolest!
Jem
- She's truly outrageous! Not much to say, this cartoon sucked. I watched it anyway.

Pee Wee's Playhouse - This show rocked. Cartoons, claymation, live action all rolled up into one. It was very weird and very spastic. Just how I like it. It's too bad about Paul Ruebens flushing his career down the toilet. This show couldn't run for a long time. Also of note, Pee Wee's Big Adventure - a cult classic. My first boyfriend would dress up as Pee Wee for halloween- it was uncanny.

No comments: