Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Busy Day Makes for Last Minute Post

Today has been jam-packed with things to do. Our organization hosts monthly technical webinars for both members and non-members, they are usually held on the second Tuesday of the month. This month was on "The Fundamentals of Wind Flow and Wind Design." I was the only one in the office, which made it difficult to help anyone who called in with technical problems. Our presenter wasn't able to get his screen to broadcast, even though we practiced with him last Friday. Minutes 12 - 20 of the webinar was us attempting to fix his problem. Eventually, I had him email the presentation file to me, I displayed it on my screen and gave him control of the keyboard and mouse. It worked well, except I was not able to use my computer at all during that time. I wasn't able to chat with viewers in the chat box because it would take the mouse control away from our presenter. So, crisis mostly averted.

No comments: